C+D Events on demand: What pharmacy teams should know about stocking CBD products sponsored by Naturecan and the Association for the Cannabinoid Industry (ACI)
C+D’s editor Beth Kennedy chaired a webinar – sponsored by Naturecan and the Association for the Cannabinoid Industry (ACI) – on what pharmacy teams should know about stocking CBD products.
- Dr Andy Yates, pharmacy lead at the ACI. Andy also holds other roles including scientific advisor to Dragonfly Bioscience and Chief Scientific Officer to Artelo Biosciences Ltd.
- Moyra Cosgrove, head of nutrition and external affairs at Naturecan ltd. Moyra is studying for a professional doctorate at Liverpool John Moores in CBD
- Thorrun Govind, a community pharmacist with an interest in law and a Royal Pharmacuetical Society English pharmacy board member
- Eoghan O’Brien, superintendent pharmacist at the C+D Award-winning Bannside Pharmacy. Eoghan specialises in a healthcare lifestyle approach.
- John Bardsley, managing director of Thistle Pharma, who is here representing the Association of Independent Multiple Pharmacies, a membership organization representing independent pharmacies with multiple branches
- Naresh Rallmil, lead information pharmacist at Numark
During the webinar, the panel discussed the novel food applications that all CBD products have had to comply with since the 1st of April, what this means for pharmacies stocking CBD products and what it means if a product’s novel food application is still being processed by the FSA now that the new regulations have come into effect. The panel also went through the dos and don’ts of stocking CBD products and some things to tell patients coming into the pharmacy asking for information on them.