Community Pharmacist spotlight

Like Comment

Nevys, one of our talent Community Pharmacist Managers who recently completed their ECPP course with Well Pharmacy. Here are some of Nevys thoughts on why she loves working in Community Pharmacy and why she completed the Independent Prescribers course:

Why did you decide to become a pharmacist?
I enjoyed the look of the course content and needed the focus point of a vocational course! 

What do you enjoy most about your role?
I enjoy being able to help people when they really need it, I don’t think I’d be able to have a role where I sit down all day-which is lucky because that hardly happens! In the last few years community pharmacists have been able to do a lot more services which I really enjoy.

How does the completing the course support you in your role?
Completing the Diploma and IP has given me a bit more confidence in my clinical knowledge and understanding. I feel as though my brain has been refreshed and am able to give more up to date and in depth information and guidance to my colleagues and patients. I obviously wouldn’t be able to practice as an IP without the course, but I did feel the course content prepared me well for the new role and responsibilities.

What you most looking forward to in the near future?
I’m hoping that the local health board will commission an advanced minor ailment scheme soon where I’ll be able to carry out clinical assessments in branch for some infections and minor ailments and supply patients with advice and treatment if required. This will mean that the services available within the community are far more comprehensive, help reduce GP surgery work load, and I’ll personally enjoy using the IP certificate on a daily basis!

What do you think the future of pharmacy will look like?
Hopefully we’ll be given a larger scope of services and responsibilities that we can offer to our communities. It’ll take time and we’ll all need to adapt to different ways of working.

Joanne Riley

Resourcing Manager, Well Pharmacy

9 Contributions
2 Followers
0 Following

No comments yet.